Saturday, March 15, 2008

Excuses for Eating Meat #1 - It Just Tastes Good

I think this might be the excuse that leaves me the most infuriated, and it is certainly one of the most often reasons I get from meat-eaters.

It reminds me of a scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre where the kids drive past a slaughterhouse and one of them begins to describe how the animals are killed. One of the girls gets angry, telling him to stop talking about it because "I like meat." But if you can't even listen to how it gets to your plate....yeah.

I don't think there is much I can say in argument with this excuse, as there is no debate to be found, it is simply an ignorant statement that takes nothing else into it beside sheer animalistic pleasure. Perhaps human flesh is delicious, is that any reason for me to kill my neighbor and fry him up on his grill as he has so many animals in the past? No.

This excuse offers no reasoned justification for eating meat, and thus just leaves me to shake my head.

Look for more in this series...there are quite a few excuses to say the least...

No comments: